Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Why doesn't snoring wake up the snorer?


Answer:
I know it wakes me up as soon as it starts, luckily for me its only when i have a cold. AJ
It very often does if it's loud enough.
man i wish I knew
Because you are breathing.
I wake myself up but I am a really light sleeper.
Usually I only snore if I am really tired or if I am sick. So, in those two cases I wouldn't wake up anyway.
It is a cruel irony..
One that I experience every night, unfortunately. Earplugs help.
It does.many times I have been roused awake by my own snoring.
They're often used to it and by the time they're snoring, they're heading off into REM sleep.
GREAT QUESTION.
my wife snores and I stay up all night (very loud) but she sleeps like a baby.. then i snore alittle and she wakes up and kicks me...It's is literally a battle for who gets to sleep first in my bedroom.
My husband snores really loud and it never wakes him up. Its weird though because he usually only snores when he first falls asleep for about 30 minutes. Which you would think since hes not in a deep sleep it would wake him up. I only snore when I have a cold and often I wake myself up when i catch myself snoring. The only peace I get at night with my husband is if i fall asleep first and dont hear his snoring.
I wake myself up when I snore!
Waking up is usu. done not by the noise but by the lack of air. Snoring is caused by the vibration of the soft palate and of the uvula that obstruct the airway. That might lead to the sleep apnea, a quite serious condition that cuts the oxygen supply to the organism. The organism fights back and awakes the sleeper. In the last phase of the awakening the sleeper begins to be conscious of the environment and hears his/hers own snoring attributing the awakening to this noise. In the less severe cases the sleeper gets it through the night but will still feel kind of drowsy and tired in the morning due to insufficient oxygenation.
sleep apnea wakes up the snorer.
the patient suffers from sleep disturbance.
Sometimes people who snore don't necessarily wake up from the sound of their own snoring. People who snore heavily can also suffer from sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is where you stop breathing for a short period of time while sleeping. Your body's initial reaction is to wake up so that you can start breathing again. If you know someone who snores and often wakes up in the middle of the night, have them see an ear/nose/throat doctor to make sure they do not suffer from sleep apnea. My son did and had to have his tonsils and adenoids out at the age of 3.
Snoring can and does wake up the snorer just depends on the person. I am not usually a snorer but when I do snore I hear it and wake up. My husband on the other hand he could suck the curtains off the living room downstairs I can push him and call his name loud and he still wont wake up
it does sometimes lol, its soo funny when it does
I have woken myself up before with snoring

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net