Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Why I always feel my left toe numb?

Is it from too long standing still or I got symptom from any ailments e.g high blood pressure or diabetes? I am 25 years old. I think I am not always standing. Please advise.
Answer:
you could go to the doctor and see about getting a test for diabetes (peripheral neuropathy or nerve damage in the extremities is a complication of that) or see about getting a venous doppler test for possible blood clots (esp if one leg is bigger in diameter than the other leg).
not good blood circulation try asa (aspirin) 1 a day. or eat better sleep better play more often?
Try to figure out when it happens. If it was from standing, it would get better when you sit down. If it is from standing, better shoes would help. At your age, I doubt it is from anything like diabetes or high blood pressure, you would have to have them for a long time for them to be causing symptoms.
Are you on the pill and smoking because it can cause blood clots which are tingling or numbness. Also if you sit on the couch or not ambulatory, circulation can be a problem. Maybe you are wearing too tight of pants or shoes tied too tight. Can be many things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net