Saturday, October 31, 2009

Why Does He Stay Up?

My dad stays up till between 2am and 4am in the morning...when he has to get up for work at 7:30am..then because he has hardly had any sleep...he gets really grouchy and snappy at me (and my sister)..and moody with my mum...and he looks absolutely dreadful..he also has eczema which he scratches constantly..everyone we can think of has talked to him about it...but he doesn't listen to warnings he never has done.i get worried.because he ended up in hospital with cellulitis the other year and the doctor told him to stop doing what he does because.if it comes back it will be much worse...and it is possible to die from it..he thinks he's 18 and can do what he wants.when the reality of it is that he is 48 and not a spring chicken anymore...he knows how we feel about it...i love him.and i want to know...why does he do it?
Answer:
He could be depressed or something could be playing on his mind. Worry and stress can do this also. Have a chat with this doctor.
sounds a bit like depression...has he seen a doctor?
we ALL need sleep %26 he's obviously not getting enough
Sounds like depression to me, with not a lot of sleep proberly making it worse. Theres not much you can do he needs to help himself (with a trip to the doctors) you could email nhs direct(www.nhsdirect.co.uk) the will email you back maybe they can give you some advice.
Good luck.
well honey im 70 years old and i have sons his age . he is old enough to take care of his self believe me he dosnt want any advice if he dosent listen. he must be hard headed like my sons lol .i love them 2 but they pay me no mind so let him be he will be ok with less stress that could be his problem.
He is not using drugs is he? Like illegal ones. If not he is
probably depressed and should be seem be a Dr. this seems
a little odd. I am the opposite I go to bed very early sometimes 6:30 but I cannot ever sleep past 4am even if I
stay up late.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net