Saturday, October 31, 2009

Why does my inner ear itch constantly?

i had a bad head infection this winter and laryngitis so bad i couldn't speak for three days, but they gave me antibiototics and ear drops. however, ever since i took the ear drops my ears have itched on the inside and there is excessive build up. the NHS here in london doesn't take me seriously when i complain about it.
Answer:
I would see a doctor if I were you, you may have a parasite or a fungus infection. You will need medicine for this. Doctors advise everyone not to stick q-tips in your ear canals. This pushes the ear wax down against your eardrum which may become impacted and cause problems.
Maybe you're allergic to whatever is in the drops. Why don't you get a good ear candling? That might fix the problem.
maybe if you wash and clean your ears with QTIPS then you wont have a bad head ache
Believe it or not i have had this for three weeks now! I went to my G.P. and had a course of antibiotics which helped, but it came back with a vengence ! So i went back and got more stronger tablets, so far so good, but i was told there is some form of bug which actually breeds in the ear, YUK, but it is common.Go see your G.P. and stop putting drops in, it can actually do more harm then good while you have an infection. good luck.
so itch it ...
both of my ears itch constantly, way deep inside, I have been to my ear,nose, and throat doctor and it didnt do much good. I get alot of build up also, keep them clean and try some kind on lotion that works for itching, but dont put a ton of it in your ear. like goldbond, that helps me.
Well first of all you can try gently cleaing your ears with a Q tip.Also the problem may be in your throat. There are small tube that connect the inside of your ear to your throat to make sure the pressure is equal on both sides of your ear drum (Why your ears pop when you change altitude). There may be some kind of irritation in your throat or the tubes themselves. You also may just have a slight ear infection which you can get medication for.
I'm not sure if this is the same, but I have psoriasis in my ears and they are itchy and I scratch constantly. It took a while but I finally found a doctor who took me seriously and he prescribed cortison cream that I can apply with a q-tip and it has done wonders. Try seeing someone when it is really bad so they can actually see what is happening and maybe that will help.
I would suggest a non-sedating antihistamine for daytime use, and a sedating one at night. This will address the "itching" feeling inside. I have had relief from these symptoms by pouring a capful of hydrogen peroxide into my ear (while on my side with a towel over my shirt b/c it will "bleach" the fabric if it touches it). Keep in for about 3 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net